Seatoun, Wellington, October 2011: Fort Dorset battery was a former coastal artillery station, built to defend the entrance to Wellington Harbour from a possible naval attack. Construction began prior to the First World War- it was occupied and operational through both wars and up untill the mid 1950′s. The adjacent military camp was disbanded in the early 90′s. The remains of these historic structures have not been maintained and have fallen foul to vandalism and graffiti. The former military camp site was used for the set of “Bree” in the first Lord of the Rings film, “The Fellowship of the Ring”. Check out Capital Defence for detailed information on this site- also check out Simon Burrow’ site (in 2nd to last picture) for more images in and around Wellington.